Golly, I didn't realize it had been a month since I added to my blog. I have been VERY busy working every available minute on my new site, www.MustangingTheWest.com, which I am happy to tell you is finally up and running.
There is a lot of writing to accomplish with this style of website. It's kind of new in that it doesn't promote a product or service, but is theme-based and informational in nature. At the site, you will find an ever-growing list of interesting articles, all having to do with the theme, "..for the love of all things western."
Just a few of the things you'll find at MustangingTheWest:
1) the history of the wild feral mustangs - how they got to this country since the mustang is Spanish in descent, and what makes the mustang a sentimental favorite of horse lovers?
2) How to have a 'Yee Haw Good Time'. You'll find links to places providing western entertainment - museums, dude ranches, bed and breakfasts. All of these links are in their early stages and will be added on to as time goes by. In fact, if you have a suggestion of your own of some really AWESOME place you have visited, please pass it along for our other readers.
3) There are videos to watch, horse pictures to view, music & books that come highly recommended
4) Invitations to readers to send their favorite horse photos to be published on the site, or pictures of your best vacation spot.
5) An invitation to Writers to send their informational articles along the 'western' theme to be published here along with their byline and a short bio and link back to their own site.
6) A page or two about the weapons of the Old West, a page on the Wagons & Coaches used a century and a half ago, the origin of the actual 'cowboy' boot -- and lots more.
7) Plus, there will also be LOTS AND LOTS OF SHOPPING TO DO, links provided to assist the western lover in picking out boots or books, home decor, western wear, and jewelry.
To get to MustangingTheWest.com, just click on the link above in the first paragraph. Look the site over and then, as my friends, will you let me know what you think? Make suggestions. What would you like to see added? What needs to be re-arranged? I welcome all input - after all, I want this to be the BEST site out there for people like me who LOVE ALL THINGS WESTERN.
Thanks for tuning in. Have a really terrific day! Susie